Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Billy Fox

Among the stacks of papers my mom gave me that she had collected on her family's history was this note. It was written in my grandmother Lucile's handwriting. It reads like an obituary--I don't know if grandma copied it to have for herself. I haven't found the obit in any Kansas newspapers yet. Grandma was one of William's older sisters. Recall from my "Turning 40" post that William was the third son to pass away as an infant. I remember my mom telling me that her mom told her that some neighbor kids had whooping cough and that they thought he caught it from them.

William Wesley Fox, infant son of Mr. and Mrs. W.H. Fox was born April 22, 1934 and departed this life March 17, 1935 at the age of 10 months and 26 days. He leaves to mourn his departure his parents, Mr. and Mrs. W.H. Fox and seven sisters, Elnora, Myrtle, Lucile, Roselma, Minnie, Lillie and Mildred. His Grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. M.E. Sampson of Lincolnville and a host of other relatives and friends. Two brothers, John and Walter preceded him in death.

Billy was a loving baby and during his short stay had won a place in the hearts of all who knew him.

"A precious one from us is gone, a voice we loved is stilled;

a place is vacant in our home which never can be filled.

God in His wisdom has recalled the boom his love had given and through the body slumbers here the soul is safe in heaven."

Card of Thanks

We wish to thank those who were so kind to us during the illness and loss of our dear one.

-Mr. and Mrs. William H. Fox and family

No comments:

Post a Comment