Friday, January 1, 2010

Sampsons and Klines-my maternal line

I wanted to share some photos that I was so graciously sent by a new-found cousin who is also a descendant of the Kline's and Sampson's. I know that my Osgood family will probably enjoy them. Consider it a New Year's gift! I hope you all are as thrilled with them as I am!

This is a photo of Amelia Wendel Kline. She is with her son in law, George Cutler. Amelia lived several years after her husband, Karl, died in 1907. The 1910 census lists her living with another daughter and son-in-law, the Linn's. Her occupation is listed as a "washerwoman." Apparently, Amelia spoke mostly German, and very little English. She died in 1923. Her
daughter, Caroline Juliann, married Miles Ellsworth Sampson.

Miles Sampson's mother was Mahala Fordyce Sampson.
Here is a fantastic photo of her. She was born in 1835 and died in 1931. She looks like a very strong
lady, doesn't she? It was her husband, TJ, who died after saving his team of horses from a dust storm in 1879.


Mahala's son, Miles Ellsworth, was the father of Lillie Pearl Sampson. As mentioned above, he married Caroline Kline. Here are two photos of them, one early on and another at their 60th wedding anniversary.

The children in this picture are their four eldest: Lillie Pearl (born in 1894), Effie (born in 1899), Albert (born in 1898), and Mabel (born in 1901). Since she looks the oldest, I'm assuming the girl on the left is my great-grandma Lillie Pearl. I just love the curly hair and ribbons!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I love the pics! Can you email me a copy of the picture with Lillie Pearl?

    ReplyDelete