A friend, who happens to be a professional genealogist, defined a brick wall as a "solvable problem." I like that definition, especially when I feel like I'll never get past a certain point.
- Date of birth 19 Feb 1839
- His occupation was a teamster. (Strange since census records all say farmer)
- His birthplace was Kentucky (again, census records all say Indiana, except 1870, which says Illinois)
- His father's name was Samuel Shelton (first time we see this name)
- No birthplace of father or mother is listed, nor is mother's maiden name filled out.